Eiko's Forum~

This forum is for everyone to enjoy great conversations. (^_^)

HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

PlayStation 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Leon

PostSubject: PlayStation 3   Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:08 pm

I did land one on launch day, and, while, there are only three games I have played on it so far, namely Resistance Fall of Man (great game, by the way), I am looking forward to a plethora of upcoming games for this console in the next year, namely Killzone 2, Final Fantasy 13, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Lair, Assassin's Creed, Fatal Inertia, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Indiana Jones, MGS4, Resident Evil 5, and Resistance 2, making me one happy Sony fanboy. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eiko

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 3   Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:47 pm

Leon wrote:
I did land one on launch day, and, while, there are only three games I have played on it so far, namely Resistance Fall of Man (great game, by the way), I am looking forward to a plethora of upcoming games for this console in the next year, namely Killzone 2, Final Fantasy 13, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Lair, Assassin's Creed, Fatal Inertia, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Indiana Jones, MGS4, Resident Evil 5, and Resistance 2, making me one happy Sony fanboy. Smile

Hi Leon (^_^)
How have you've been.

I can't wait for MGS 4 myself. People don't like the PS3 because there aren't many games out for it yet. But once it gets more game support it will be the best gaming system on the market. You made a good decision of getting one. Also Assassin's Creed will be another game Im looking forward to. Im excited about the game because the producer and maker of Assassin's Creed is a girl. Most people don't know that. affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eiko.talk-forums.com
Leon

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 3   Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:43 am

Eiko wrote:
Leon wrote:

Hi Leon (^_^)
How have you've been.

I can't wait for MGS 4 myself. People don't like the PS3 because there aren't many games out for it yet. But once it gets more game support it will be the best gaming system on the market. You made a good decision of getting one. Also Assassin's Creed will be another game Im looking forward to. Im excited about the game because the producer and maker of Assassin's Creed is a girl. Most people don't know that. affraid

Oh, believe me I know that, because she is hot. Lol. I totally agree with you on the PS3 eventually being the console to have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malmas

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 3   Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:34 pm

So far i haven't bought any of the new gen consoles - waiting for the moment MGS4, Killzone 2 and the new DMC come out, then i'm buying a PS3 Smile

So far i havent been impressed by the XBox 360, the games havent been long enough, and with a few exceptions they havent blown me away in any way, and it's been out for a lot longer. People i know with PS3's love it even with the small selection of games.

PS3 is definately the way to go!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.malmas.co.uk
kazedragon

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 3   Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:47 pm

I got my ps3 only so I could play the newer capcom games like dmc 4 and square enix. Not to mention I have lots of ps2 games I'm still playing through, and since my ps2 which was one of the first ones (its the bigger one, and got it when they first came out) died. Sony sure knows how to make a quality product.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jackson

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 3   Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:21 pm

360 alls I got to say. and its got Xbox Live which kicks ass. its definetely an all-american system
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Bahr

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 3   Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:50 pm

-All shall bow before xbox360's mighty power and online capabilities Muahaha-

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/ninjamanjaro
Jackson

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 3   Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:12 am

dude cant wait for Halo 3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Bahr

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 3   Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:55 pm

Oh yeah!!! It is going to be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Leon

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 3   Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:29 am

Mr. Bahr wrote:
-All shall bow before xbox360's mighty power and online capabilities Muahaha-

Lol. And if Halo 3 is ALL you guys have, then the 360 is doomed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leon

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 3   Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:31 am

kazedragon wrote:
I got my ps3 only so I could play the newer capcom games like dmc 4 and square enix. Not to mention I have lots of ps2 games I'm still playing through, and since my ps2 which was one of the first ones (its the bigger one, and got it when they first came out) died. Sony sure knows how to make a quality product.

Kazedragon, you are definitely right. And there has been only a 1 percent failure rate with the new machines, something no other 8th generation console can claim.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leon

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 3   Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:34 am

Malmas wrote:
So far i haven't bought any of the new gen consoles - waiting for the moment MGS4, Killzone 2 and the new DMC come out, then i'm buying a PS3 :)

So far i havent been impressed by the XBox 360, the games havent been long enough, and with a few exceptions they havent blown me away in any way, and it's been out for a lot longer. People i know with PS3's love it even with the small selection of games.

Killzone 2 is looking very very good, Malmas. And we haven't seen anything yet. While the impressive footage shown at E3 this year was all realtime gameplay footage, it was still only at pre-Alpha stage. When it is finally completed, Killzone 2 will definitely move units the way Halo has sold XBox's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eiko

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 3   Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:09 pm

Leon wrote:
Malmas wrote:
So far i haven't bought any of the new gen consoles - waiting for the moment MGS4, Killzone 2 and the new DMC come out, then i'm buying a PS3 Smile

Killzone 2 is looking very very good, Malmas. And we haven't seen anything yet. While the impressive footage shown at E3 this year was all realtime gameplay footage, it was still only at pre-Alpha stage. When it is finally completed, Killzone 2 will definitely move units the way Halo has sold XBox's.

Metal Gear Solid 4 might help the PS3 sales as well. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eiko.talk-forums.com
Jackson

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 3   Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:11 pm

no one in America wants the PS3 only Wii and 360
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Emolicious

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 3   Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:14 pm

To tell the truth.. I want all 3 lol

Each has games that I want... my only problem is the PS3 is too expencive and I'm broke so I can't even buy the Wii. lol I wish I won the powerball. XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Bahr

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 3   Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:19 am

and Halo 3 is all the xbox 360 needs, seeing as halo 2 is still (after all these years) one of the most played online shooters. Killzone, although good looking, will not sell if it lacks in gameplay, as the first killzone did. Also the online interactivity and expandability of the xbox360 with other venues of household entertainment make it a tough opponent to beat.
Back to top Go down
Leon

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 3   Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:09 pm

Eiko wrote:
Leon wrote:
Malmas wrote:

Metal Gear Solid 4 might help the PS3 sales as well. Smile

You are right, Eiko. And Final Fantasy 13, Lair, and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (here in the states), as well as multiplatform games, such as Assassin's Creed and Star Wars Force Unleashed, bringing more PS2 owners to upgrade to a PS3. People complain of a lack of games for the PS3 right now, but that will obviously change. An inevitable price cut will, of course, further boost sales, as evidenced by the recent cut here in the States.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leon

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 3   Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:11 pm

Emolicious wrote:
To tell the truth.. I want all 3 lol

Each has games that I want... my only problem is the PS3 is too expencive and I'm broke so I can't even buy the Wii. lol I wish I won the powerball. XD

That is because a "2010 "console is being sold in 2007. Components, such as the Blu-Ray player and 80GB hard drive are just too expensive right now. But this will change soon. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leon

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 3   Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:17 pm

Mr. Bahr wrote:
and Halo 3 is all the xbox 360 needs, seeing as halo 2 is still (after all these years) one of the most played online shooters. Killzone, although good looking, will not sell if it lacks in gameplay, as the first killzone did. Also the online interactivity and expandability of the xbox360 with other venues of household entertainment make it a tough opponent to beat.

A console does not survive if just dependent on one franchise alone. It has never worked that way in the history of gaming. Competing developers will eventually put out games that are equal, if not better, to par, rendering the "exclusitivy" of that franchise as meaningless. As good as the game is, Microsoft will eventually need to come up with something better than Halo if it wants to continue to sell units.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Bahr

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 3   Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:19 pm

that is exactly what the industry has been saying for awhile now leon but the situation has not changed, with constant game delays and lack of a serious online community i don't think the PS3 will compete with any other "next gen" console.
Back to top Go down
Leon

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 3   Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:19 pm

Jackson wrote:
no one in America wants the PS3 only Wii and 360

Tell that to 6 million customers who have bought one at the inflated $599 price.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leon

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 3   Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:23 pm

Mr. Bahr wrote:
that is exactly what the industry has been saying for awhile now leon but the situation has not changed, with constant game delays and lack of a serious online community i don't think the PS3 will compete with any other "next gen" console.

Give it time, Bahr. The console has only been out for a few months.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Bahr

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 3   Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:25 pm

Dec/2006 xbox360-1,130,000 PS3-491,000 Wii-604,000
-That is number of units sold for that month...the numbers are in favor of xbox360
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Leon

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 3   Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:46 pm

Mr. Bahr wrote:
Dec/2006 xbox360-1,130,000 PS3-491,000 Wii-604,000
-That is number of units sold for that month...the numbers are in favor of xbox360
Rolling Eyes

Of course you would expect that in the first full month of the inflated $599 PS3 that never was available for purchase anyways, always being off the shelves due to shortages.

Did you see the following month's figures Bahr?

January 2007
Wii = 436,000
360 = 294,000
PS3 = 244,000

Since that December, the PS3 has been catching up. While still behind the 360, and especially behind the fad-frenzied Wii, a high price is the only thing really preventing millions of drooling potential buyers from buying the technically superior PS3. They will overcome the 360 with a proper price drop.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Bahr

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 3   Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:52 pm

I don't think a price drop is all the PS3 needs, a good online community wouldn't hurt either, and more developers prefer developing for the 360.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation 3   

Back to top Go down

PlayStation 3
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next